Saturday, September 15, 2007

101

101, a lucky but embarrassing number.



For the very first time I passed my ABRSM piano exam with this kind of marks (=P although it's only my second time taking piano exam). The grade 6 cert actually came quite easy to me. Practising only during weekends, cannot expect much.
Breakdown of marks:
piece A:2 - Gigue. 23
piece B:1 - Prelude in C sharp minor. 20
piece C:1 - Four Calling Birds. 21
scales: 12
sight reading: 13
oral: 12
Total: 101

The borderline, just one mark above the passing mark. I think it's the simpathy of the examiner that passed me. I'm grateful yet I'm sad. Grateful because finally i can call myself a grade 6 piano player(advanced player). Sad because my target was achieving merit, which is 19 marks more than what i have right now.


Still I am happy. For I'm so lucky. For I'm blessed. For I have a new qualification. For I have not wasted my examination fee. For I didn't pay the expensive piano fee for nothing.




My target for piano: Achieve grade 8 with merit next november!
This is my new exam board:





P/s: I'll try to upload some of my playing here if I'm satisfied with them! Keep your fingers crossed! I'll keep my fingers crossed as well!

5 comments:

Abir Abdul Rahim said...

Sorry couldn't help you out much here. It's preferably better if i help you when YOU ARE ACTUALLY THERE WHEN I HAVE A COMPUTER IN FRONT OF ME?

Lol...

And i am honored again to be the first to comment on your blog~!!!

Yay.

*beams*

Just revamp your page ya?

Till then..

chanzhe said...

Thanks a lot... well, I'm trying my best to get my blog established. It's now still under construction... haha....

Len Foong said...

dude...u need to work harder if u want to get merit!work on the scales...dulu i tak suka practise scales,i hanya main lagu-lagu tu,jadi i pernah fail!i got 96 marks for grade 2!!!4 marks short to pass the stupid exam!i hanya pernah satu kali dapat merit dalam ABRSM,iaitu masa grade3,125 marks leh,but i still failed my oral and scale part at that time,hahaha!but when i did lcme,i chose to do leisure play,meaning no need learn scales,and i got distinction for both of the practical exams i've taken with LCME.

Len Foong said...

in the end i stil suck in playing the scales..wah...u so lucky,boleh main piano lagi,my fingers are sooo stiff and im so slow in reading the notes again...sob sob sob,i wanna play like alicia keys!

chanzhe said...

have to practise real hard for the merit that i aim... haha..