Saturday, October 3, 2009

Australia's Moon


It's dark out there. and it was mooncake festival night. The Moon was so nice, round and bright up there. It brightened the whole beach.

I smelled salt. The waves were rushing to the beach. One is higher than the other. They come nearer and nearer to me as i stood distance away from the water.... The sound of the wave hitting the sand is soothing yet lonely. i looked out. There is literally noone at the beach. There is only me standing there, alone.

I took off my slippers. My feet were on the sand. It was cold but it was powdery. It's so fine that it felt like putting my feet in talcum powder. I felt blessed to be able to walk on this piece of land. I looked again at the moon. Then I looked at myself. Being alone during mooncake festival isn't too bad. Maybe I will start to miss home another few more weeks or months? Maybe not? or maybe few days from now?

The wind blowed on my face. My thin jacket somehow managed to keep me warm. It was not as cold as what i thought it would before i came here.

I stood there and embraced the ocean in front of me and of course, the full moon.


p/s: have i told u that the beach is just at the back of my house?? haha

below are some of my photos captured by my "so-so" phone.... enjoy!




^^^^ my house ^^^^^
in the center


^^^ this is my room^^^



I took the video standing behind my house, the wind was strong that my t-shirt flapped not stop.. :-)



Happy Mooncake Festival peeps! till then.

1 comment:

John said...

Very unique blog.
Fantastic content and great pictures.
Wow...

I would like to invite you to join a green community to stop global warming. Please visit:
http://globalgreenview.blogspot.com

Please share (email) this blog to your friends and family, so we can save our planet for next generation.

Keep blogging.
Have a great time.