Friday, November 27, 2009

weather

Maybe I have got too used to waking up early, this morning, i woke up at 2am. Stunned, that was without alarm. I saw the reflection from the mirror, the tree out there was shaking vigorously and that implied strong wind which is not good for flying. Nevertheless, I continued sleeping while waiting for my 4am alarm.

"tang tang tang........." my alarm rang. Before my eyes could be opened widely, i saw the vague static reflection of the trees... not really static but much steadier than the one i saw at 2 am. the wind can dies off within 2 hours.... unpredictable.

Wind was showing 8 knots when i got to school, full headwind. I went up in that condition. Within an hour, it changed to 14 knots. Didn't really realise it in flight though. But I did notice the airspeed was much slower that more power is needed for the final approach. So by the time i reach back to ground, ATIS information changed to B, 320/14. and that implied I can't go solo because the upper limitation for solo is 8 knots of total wind.... However, I was somehow contented today because I have performed 4 smooth landings and good circuits up there. :)

After came back to ground, we were asked by our instructors to wash the aeroplane. yea, WASH the aeroplane. never experienced washing one even when i was a trainee aircraft engineer. It was great fun for 12 of us to wash one small aeroplane. haha. More like our playground than proper washing.... the result was satisfactory though. =)

Tonight!
wow, had an AWESOME dinner! Thanks Daniel Z's mum for cooking! Ayam masak merah and biriyani rice were served and I myself went for 2 rounds! SATISFACTION, do you know what that really means? stomach filled with good food!!

The night continued with CS lan party... again, another superb one.

and yeah, the new batch of cadets are arriving tomorrow morning. They should have already departed now from KL. Get to meet them soon..

Till then!

No comments: