Sunday, May 11, 2008

RM 268

I have just earned RM 268 today, by luck! LOL.

My sister had her grade 7 theory exam today in Damansara Jaya.

Rockie thus asked me to go to Trinity National Office in Mont kiara today to attend my piano class....

When i arrived, there was a European welcoming me. His name is David. Around 70. Trinity Guildhall SE Asia Regional Consultant.

Rockie wasn't around yet. He went for lunch. So i chatted with Mr David, and i told him that my exam is on the coming Tuesday, and I went there for my piano class. Very unexpectedly, he asked me to play for him! At the same time, he told me that he is going to examine in Bangkok for the next few days. What a luck for me to get him to hear me play!

Btw, he was very easy to communicate with. He looked very happy and anticipated my playing. OMG, I was very scared. I scared that i would disappoint him. Just before i started to put my fingers on the piano. Rockie came in. He was very much surprised that David was with me in the office. He was so greatful that David wants to listen to me. He said: It's better to get a third person's opinion on my playing prior to exam. and he added: Chanzhe, play. My pressure doubled.

So i played....
and the followinf are what he said.

Children's Corner: An easy pass. ( i was exhilarated from this ). Nice touch. Then he proceed to show me some details that I have not been doing. He emphasised on some parts that I neglected before. He said, I am looking for the sound, not the semi quavers. Exactly like what Rockie told me earlier. It's the kind of sound that makes all the difference. I picked up some new technique of playing. ^^

Adagio in C: one remarkable one: I try not to give any destructive comment. Smooth playing but a bit dull. Make it alive. ( I knew it wasn't good. haha. but i will work on it these few days.) He gave me a "notes on piano pieces" for me to play better in this piece. it worths rm68 according to Rockie.

Take the 'A' Train: Nice. You can get a 20! Just have to make sure the chord progression is good and play them tidily. ( wow, i was overjoyed! 20/22 is a great marks. ) =P

I spent almost an hour with him. He taught me some small but essential part of those pieces i played. He said: a small improvement in expression will create a holistic performance for a piece. He asked me to enjoy playing every pieces of mine. He was then left.

So Rockie tidy up all the advices he gave me and taught me another 1 hour. I have got a 2-hours piano class today. From Rockie, I have got to know that Mr David charges rm200 for his 1 hour lesson. And, he is the, if I'm not mistakenly remembered, vice chief examiner of the entire Trinity Guildhall Examination worldwide! I was stunned and I felt so honoured to have him to teach and guide me for an hour.

Hence, I earned rm 268. For the lesson and the book! What a wise choice of mine to accept Rockie's suggestion to go Trinity national Office for the class. ^^ Thanks Rockie.

No comments: