Friday, October 5, 2007

SUBANG

The first week in Subang has officially gone.

Well, after having waiting for so long, at last, I wore my MAB and Transmile Pass walking around the Hangar and the Transmile Centre! That is so cool! I saw the famous MD-11 and B727-200. Not forgetting a B737-200 which has just taken back from Kartika Airline which has already bankrupt.

The transmile hangar is new-built hangar. Brand new and it's bigger than their previous one. But it's still smaller than the Airod and MAS hangar. I'll try to get some photo. =P

The feeling is so different from seeing an aircraft from far. The aircraft is so enormous! We visited every single division, department, workshops etc. Then only i realise that to maintain an aircraft, it needs lots of co-ordination, co-operation, a lot of complicated procedures, the APPROVED parts and personnel, Quality Assurance stuffs etc etc. Nevermind, I will get to know them one by one through the few weeks Office OJT that i will start to have starting next week. I'm quite nervous actually for that will be my first time working in an office.

It was so hot being in the under-maintenance cockpit. That is the situation that i'm gonna face in the future. Pathetic? I guess that will be fun. I'm looking forward to being in the position where I hold the authority to take care of one area of the aircraft!~ and that will be at least 5 years time from now!

Like what Mr. Alred says: what you need to do now is STUDY STUDY AND STUDY!

My target: To obtain EASA license in 5 years and complete the course as expected by the company!

4 comments:

szemun said...

hey, wat actual course u doin now ar? Pilot engineering ar? oh yea, go make a chatbox la. Is easier for us to tag u, leave u some comments.=)

-szemun-

chanzhe said...

Engineering la......

laughing_tomato said...

Chan Zhe, whats that EASA licence?

chanzhe said...

http://www.easa.europa.eu/home/s_main.html#jar66

click on the part 66 license and u shall get the info. enjoy.